Stainless Steel Water Tanks
Horizontal Hanson Stainless Steel Water Tanks
- We manufacture stainless steel pressure vessels from 12″ to 144″ in diameter in 304 or 316 grade material.
- Design working pressures range from 50 psig to 500 psig.
- For fastest delivery, we have a large inventory of stock material and manufacture most of our own tank heads..
- Vessels can be all stainless steel, or have some carbon steel items such as manways and supports to keep the cost down.
Vertical Hanson Stainless Steel Water Tanks
- Tanks are available with mill finish or can be bead blasted or polished for a better appearance.
- Machined or fabricated parts such as a quick opening closure can be incorporated in the design as necessary.
- Although many of the stainless steel vessels we manufacture are air receivers or water tanks, most are for special industrial applications, especially if extreme operating temperatures are required..
- 300 (304, 316 etc) series stainless steel is prone to cracking in certain circumstances.
- Even very low concentrations of chlorides in water quickly creates cracks in stressed areas of a pressure vessel, especially when the temperature is over 120°F.
- Bead blasting or shot peening and passivation of the wetted surface can delay or prevent this process.
- Products containing chlorides must not be used for disinfection or cleanout as any contact can lead to stress cracking later.
- Some sprayed on insulation products can cause a similar problem from the outside.
- Cracking of stainless steel water tanks, however caused, is not covered by warranty.