Specification #EL 0714
EPOXY LINING SPECIFICATION
- Hanson Tank’s standard epoxy lining is an efficient corrosion resistant non-toxic coating system for potable water storage tanks, providing excellent protection with limited maintenance and good resistance to shipping damage.
- It is classified as a polyamine-epoxy high solids heavy build coating. It is spray applied over a near white-metal blasted surface to SSPC-SP10 in a two-coat application and heat cured in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- It is formulated as a tank lining for potable water, including deionized or distilled water as well as brines and petroleum processes. Designed and laboratory confirmed, it meets the requirements of EPA and USDA for surfaces in contact with drinking water and food. It is approved for potable water in accordance to ANSI/NSF Standard 61. Colors approved are light grey and white.
|Color:||White, light grey|
|Finish:||Smooth, glossy, hydrophobic|
|Film Thickness:||> 5 mils (8-10 mils typical)|
|Heat resistance:||Max. 180ºF in domestic hot water service|
|Solid:||86% ± 2% by volume|
|Abrasive Resistance:||94 milligrams loss average, 1000 cycles, Tabor CS-17 wheel 1000 gr. Wt.|
|Surface Hardness:||Konig Pendulum Hardness of 77 seconds (glass standard = 250 seconds) ASTM Method D4366-84|
|Thermal Shock:||Unaffected in 5 cycles, -70ºF to 200ºF|
- The data above was furnished by the coating manufacturer.
- Epoxy lined tanks are not recommended for solar heating systems due to water temperatures over 180ºF often being experienced.
- As with most tank linings, service life will be longer if operating temperatures are kept below the maximum.