Water Tank Technical Specifications
Linings – Insulation
- Hanson lined potable hot water storage tanks are built and tested in accordance with the A.S.M.E. Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section IV for pressure vessels and bear the “HLW” stamp, National Board number and serial number, as required. A copy of the A.S.M.E. date sheet HLW-6, signed by an A.S.M.E. authorized inspector, will be sent with the invoice if requested at time of order.
- Water tanks for other than potable hot water service (expansion, chlorine contact, hydropneumatic, chilled, deareator, blowdown etc.) are manufactured to A.S.M.E. Section VIII Division I, and bear a “U” stamp. These are built to order.
- The standard exterior paint system is power buff to SSPC-SP3 plus one coat 2/3 MIL DFT rust resistant primer. For added protection from external corrosion, inorganic zinc rich primer is recommended at extra cost. Standard interior finish of stock tanks is fired porcelain enamel, aka “Glass”. Other linings available include epoxy, cement and galvanizing.
- All tappings (“B”and “R” on drawings) and flange openings are plugged and covered before shipment. Manway covers are installed for shipping only, and must be adjusted and tightened before the tank is pressurized.
- Sacrificial magnesium alloy anodes are shipped loose with all glass lined tanks for installation at the jobsite. These must be checked periodically in service and replaced if necessary to protect the tank from internal corrosion.
- The A.S.M.E. name plate and the supplied lift lugs are installed to allow clearance for tank insulation, which is available at extra cost.
- Water storage tanks are guaranteed free from defects in material and workmanship for one year from the date of shipment, FOB our factory. Full limited warranty terms are available on request.
- Standard inspection opening/manway sizes:
- Hanson A.S.M.E. 125# water storage tanks are built to either section IV (HLW Stamp) lined potable hot water, (MAX 210oF) or section VIII, (U Stamp), all others.
- HLW tanks have an 11″ x 15″ manway, except galvanized thru 36″ diameter, which have a 4″ x 6″ handhole.
- 42″ diameter and above and all lined section VIII tanks have a 12″ x 16″ manway. Unlined section VIII tanks less than 42″ dia have (2) 2″ plugged inspection openings.
ITEMS IN STOCK