Chilled water tanks to see typical sizes and prices of Chilled Water Buffer Tanks.
- A hot water buffer or volume tank improves system efficiency by adding extra thermal mass to the boiler water loop that circulates through a heat exchanger bundle.
- It is sized by using the boiler’s performance capabilities with the desired firing time and maximum temperature drop chosen by its specifier to reduce boiler ignition cycles to four or less per hour.
- They are necessary with today’s smaller, high efficiency low mass boilers and also function as an air eliminator.
- As temperature stratification is not a major concern, they are usually built without internal baffles.
- Please email or call us if you need assistance in sizing a hot water buffer tank.