ASME Custom Buffer Tanks
CUSTOM HORIZONTAL CHILLED WATER TANKS
View Specs and Drawings of CBT Built to Customers’ Design
Horizontal Chilled Water Buffer Tank Sizes
- Increase your water systems’ volume with a horizontal chilled water buffer tank from Hanson Tank.
- Without a buffer tank, rapid fluctuation of water temperature causes frequent stops and starts (“short cycling”) of the equipment.
- Horizonta Hanson CBT tank sizes can range from 235 to 4000 gallon.
- The buffer tanks can be insulated with R-16 foam at additional cost.
- Check out our selection of available sizes and models today.
- Material Pricing Subject To Change Based On Market Volatility
Resulting From Implementation Of Section 232 Tariffs And Availability
ASME Standard Buffer Tanks
- Factory insulation is also offered at reasonable cost.
- Hanson Tank Buffer Tank Sizes: Add 4″ for supports. (Please enquire for other sizes and connections)
- The ¾” top connection is for an air vent valve, for example a Honeywell Braukmann #EA79A1004.
- All sizes of Chilled Water Buffer Tanks are built to order in 4 weeks.
Custom Vertical Chilled Water Buffer Tanks
- These tanks increase the capacity of a closed loop chilled water system and stabilize the return water temperature.
- This results in fewer cycles of the compressor and better temperature control overall.
- Chiller manufacturers recommend between three and ten gallons of total capacity in the system per nominal ton, depending on the accuracy of temperature control required.
Hot Water Buffer Tanks
- A hot water buffer or volume tank improves system efficiency by adding extra thermal mass to the boiler water loop that circulates through a heat exchanger bundle.
- They are necessary with today’s smaller, high efficiency low mass boilers and also function as an air eliminator.
- As temperature stratification is not a major concern, they are usually built without internal baffles.