- Generally, a Buffer or Volume tank is one that is installed to add extra capacity to any system that contains fluid.
- Hanson tank manufactures buffer tanks for both hot and chilled water systems.
- Their purpose is to increase the volume of water in the system to achieve optimum efficiency.
- It is usually insulated to reduce unwanted heat transfer. Hanson Buffer tanks are normally vertical and as they are for indirect closed loop systems, are usually unlined. Without a buffer tank, rapid fluctuation of water temperature causes frequent stops and starts (“short cycling”) of the equipment.
- A correctly sized and located thermal buffer tank significantly improves the performance and longevity of the entire system it is installed in.
- Hanson can manufacture any style of cylindrical buffer tanks in carbon or stainless steel.
- Buffer tanks 42″ OD and above have a 12″ x 16″ manway.
- If you have a special requirement, please send us a description or sketch for a prompt quotation.
Click Chilled water tanks
to see typical sizes and prices of Chilled Water Buffer Tanks, including sizing information and formula.
STANDARD VERTICAL CHILLED WATER BUFFER TANKS 240-610 gallon IN STOCK
Material Pricing Subject To Change Based On Market Volatility
Resulting From Implementation Of Section 232 Tariffs And Availability
- All prices are FOB our plant, Los Angeles, California.
- In stock tanks cannot be modified.
- Standard styles can be modified at nominal cost. The part# will change.
- DRAWINGS ARE UPDATED TO CURRENT A.S.M.E. DATE FOR NEW ORDERS. WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS ARE APPROXIMATE.
- If the capacity or working pressure you need is not listed, CONTACT US for a prompt quotation.
- TANKS SHIPPED BY TRUCK MUST BE SKIDDED FOR SHIPMENT - CALL FOR PRICING.
- As well as ASME, we can meet other domestic and international codes. EG: ABS, USCG, Canadian, Lloyds and DNV.
- ERRORS AND OMISSIONS EXCEPTED.