- Generally, a Buffer or Volume tank is one that is installed to add extra capacity to any system that contains fluid.
- Hanson tank manufactures buffer tanks for both hot and chilled water systems.
- Their purpose is to increase the volume of water in the system to achieve optimum efficiency.
- It is usually insulated to reduce unwanted heat transfer. Hanson Buffer tanks are normally vertical and as they are for indirect closed loop systems, are usually unlined. Without a buffer tank, rapid fluctuation of water temperature causes frequent stops and starts (“short cycling”) of the equipment.
- A correctly sized and located thermal buffer tank significantly improves the performance and longevity of the entire system it is installed in.
- Hanson can manufacture any style of cylindrical buffer tanks in carbon or stainless steel.
- Buffer tanks 42″ OD and above have a 12″ x 16″ manway.
- If you have a special requirement, please send us a description or sketch for a prompt quotation.
Click Chilled water tanks
to see typical sizes and prices of Chilled Water Buffer Tanks, including sizing information and formula.
STANDARD VERTICAL CHILLED WATER BUFFER TANKS 240-610 gallon IN STOCK
Material Pricing Subject To Change Based On Market Volatility
Resulting From Implementation Of Section 232 Tariffs And Availability
SEE STANDARD CHILLED WATER TANKS FOR OTHER SIZES